Thursday, October 21, 2010

Unbelievable!!!

so, this was most likely my wierdest week yet on my mission. both really good, and really bad. so first, we taught a lesson to kondo, our awesome investigator who has a baptismal date for this sunday!!! That was on wednesday, and it was about the spirit. I asked him if he'd ever felt the spirit, and we get into a really good conversation about that, then he gets quiet, leans back in his chair which means he's thinking deeply, then he comes back and says how he quit smoking 2 weeks ago, and he's not really sure why, he just stopped, and it was really easy, no withdrawls, no nothin! i almost jumped out of my chair and just screamed at him "THATS THE SPIRIT!!!" but, i managed to restrain myself. and we haven't even committed him to keep the word of wisdom yet! (That lesson happened on sunday, and I taught it by myself with a joint, one of the most spiritual lessons ever!)
Then on friday we were biking home from a members house, and this scooter man pulled me over, asking me if i was a missionary for the mormon church. he said that he had lots of interest and that he wanted to meet with us again! way cool! we set up an appointment for tonight with him, but he called and canceled because he had school come up suddenly, but we'll be meeting him on friday! but of course, because it's a miracle that means that he's not japanese, he's from malasia. and his name is Anlsem or something, not sure how to pronunce his name though, so we call him Amslam.
Now, saturday was the bad part. all new beans go on splits with the zone leaders their first transfer, so elder fukushima my bean went with elder guy my last companion, and i went with elder mckarns, the elder who replaced me as zl down here. it was about 2 in the afternoon when i get a call from elder guy. He said that elder fukushima had gotten in a bike accident, and was coughing up blood. that was all the information I got. I called president and let him know what little I knew, then we went to cover an appointment that the other 2 elders had but couldn't go to due to the accident. The rest of the day was me trying to get as much information as possible. Here's the story. Elder guy was infront on the bikes, and they were going down a hill, a really big one actually, so elder fukushima was going really fast. he was on the street, but tried to get up onto the sidewalk, but hit the curb at a bad angle or something, and he was thrown over his handlebars. Still not exactly sure what happened, but we know that there was a metal barrier somewhere along the way that he clipped, then he ran head first into a cement wall which was right next to the sidewalk. He fractured his skull, and broke his Jaw in a few places from the sound of it. cut his lip, and had to get stiches, and just tore his face to peices. Elder guy heard the crash and came running, some other people called and ambulance, and a member just happened to drive by and see them and came to help. There was blood all over the place, I still haven't seen my companion since saturday morning, (It's now tuesday night) but I have seen some of his things, and elder guy's stuff was all covered in blood too. His mom came down yesterday, and she's working out what's going to happen with him with prez right now. He'll most likely go home for a month or two to recover. He was in the ICU for a day, but he's ok now, going into surgery on his jaw thursday. it's pretty intense. And I haven't seen him yet! it's driving me crazy! we should have some time to go see him tomorrow though, we're making time. I'm in a 3 way with the ZL's now, so we're covering both areas right now, just mass insanity. That's why I taught the lesson on sunday alone with kondo, because my companion is in the hospital, and the other two missionaries had to be at church, so I split with a member to teach it. Other than my companion, things are going awesome. so, I have two things for you to pray for this week,

1 my companion will be ok, and be able to continue his mission,

2 That kondo will be able to be baptized this week!

Things are crazy right now, but the lord is still pouring out his blessings on us. just not in the form of safety for the time being! but I love you all, don't worry mom, I'll be carefull on the bikes, and have a great week. Make sure you tell me the baby info, and I'll tell you the comp situation next week! even though I'll be getting a new comp next monday, this is the last week of the transfer...

love you all!

Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment