Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hi everybody!
It's nice to hear from you all again! All I can say is that I am so glad that I don't have to go back to school yet!!! I still have one more year until i have to face that reality again! But it's coming horribly fast though, I'm now wrapping up my 10th transfer out of only 16, so it's coming quickly! I have no idea what's going to be happining for this next transfer, but I'm excited to find out. I've found out that I really like moving around in the mission, the change keeps me sane I think. As much as I love all the people and stuff, I like getting around. The work is still going kinda slowly here in kanagawa, we've been finding alot of new people lately, but pretty much none of them are japanese. I love how I'm here in japan as a missionary, and we always get excited when we find a foreigner because they are much more receptive to us. But we've been having some good fun, and meeting alot of really cool people, (and alot of really not cool people) along the way.
Last week was our last time teaching the Kids English class, which is a major weight off the shoulders, but it was alot of fun. And now all the little kids in the ward know and love us! it's the best! This ward has a huge primary, maybe like 30 kids, and there are some way cute kids... I don't know, but japanese kids are just so much cuter than normal american babies...... hhhmmm.

We've been focusing alot on streeting lately in the mission, because most of the mission is a bunch of newbs who can't do it, so lately I've been doing alot of training on it, and going on comp splits and focusing on finding. It's amazing how the lord times some things. For example yesterday. I was on my bike, and I stopped this guy, all i could really say was that my name was olsen, he saw my nametag, then ignored us and kept walking, which didn't feel too good. (Because it had happened alot yesterday) But in that short amount of time, from a sidestreet, a 20's looking kid came out infront of us, and we stopped him, and had a great conversation. Turns out he was in nebraska the same time cam was, and he speaks perfect english because he studied over there! he also wanted to know some good places to tour in oregon, but i couldn't remember where we went when we went there, (Mom if you could give me the names of the cool places we went, that'd be awesome!) but the best thing was, that if i hadn't tried to stop that angry old man, and gotten horribly rejected, we wouldn't have met this way cool kid named Kenji! we're gonna be meeting with him later this week. Way cool!

anyway, that's my spiritual uplifter for the day. have a great week family!

-Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment